Epoxy Flooring Replacement - Demolition and Installation
Our team of professionals is with you from start to finish of your flooring project. We provide high-quality products and craftsmanship to both large or small scale industrial/commercial flooring projects. You can also be assured that we only use state-of-the-art, top quality equipment as well as preparation techniques for every job we perform in and around Orlando, FL.
Demolition of Existing Flooring
An essential part of a new floor installation includes demolition of the existing finish when needed. At Florida Epoxy Flooring one of our specialty’s is the demolition of existing concrete flooring before the new installation. When proper preparation is not completed, new flooring systems are unable to bond with the substrate. To ensure a high-quality result, demolition must be completed.
We have all the equipment needed to complete demolition and remove the existing concrete flooring to prepare for the new concrete installation. When concrete is prepped correctly, the lifespan of the epoxy coating is much longer.
- Chemical Etching – Sulfamic acid, phosphoric acid, or muriatic acid is used to clean the surface of the concrete floor. No equipment is used for the cleaning process as these chemicals must be handled with extreme caution.
- Grinding – Grinders, most often diamond grinding disks, are used to remove the old coating from the concrete.
- Shot Blasting – All sealers are removed from the concrete floor with this. This process requires special skills and should only be done by professionals.
- Sand Blasting – All the fine materials (such as sand) in the concrete surface are removed during this process. This process requires the use of special equipment.
Installation of Epoxy Flooring
Following the demolition and surface preparation, it is time to install the epoxy or urethane-based coating to the floor. The installation process begins when the first coat is applied to the concrete flooring. A second coat is applied once the first coat completely dries, which takes about 16 hours. The concrete floor is allowed t dry for another 16 hours after the second coat. Foot traffic is allowed after the second coat is fully dry, but parking of a vehicle is not allowed until after the seventh day. It takes about one full month for the floor to completely cure.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
There are numerous benefits of epoxy flooring for commercial buildings, walkways, garages, etc. The major benefits of epoxy flooring include:
- Durability: Epoxy concrete floors last longer and are resistant to considerable wear.
- Low maintenance: Once the concrete has the epoxy coating, it is incredibly easy to clean.
- Saves time: Epoxy flooring is typically quickly installed; endure therefore, less time is needed to shut down production for installation.
- Chemically resistant: This coating can withstand continued exposure to strong chemicals, which makes it ideal for plants or warehouses that may be exposed to such chemicals.
- Aesthetic: Coatings are usually available in an array of patterns and colors to fit your unique style.
- Safety: Epoxy coatings are resistant to temperature, slippage, severe impact, and fire.
Florida Epoxy Floors has been providing exceptional service to commercial and industrial properties throughout Greater Orlando for over 20 years. Please feel free to browse our website to learn more about the products and services we provide, or give us a call today at 407-705-3525 to schedule an estimate.